Summer is almost over, and school is just around the corner. Our calendars are back in high-gear as we complete last minute physicals, dental and eye exams, forms, registrations and after-school activity scheduling!
I have to admit, I am one of the moms who is excited and ready for school to start...envisioning my kids climbing aboard with a smile and a wave. Why?
- Sibling rivalry has reached a 3-month high ... or rather low. The picking at each other has proven there's been a bit too much togetherness.
- No matter what choices you offer - camp, outings, games - you hear the same response, "I'm bored!"
- Staying up late at night is wearing on everyone. It's time to put structured bedtime into full gear.
- We've had a lot of fun this summer, but I can tell they are excited to see their friends every day.
- Both girls are excited about school, which I give all of the credit to the fantastic teachers and administrators at their schools.
For me, the first day of school this year is a BIG milestone. It's the first year both of my kids leave for full-day school (kindergarten and second grade). I have worked from home the past 7 years, juggling work and motherhood with crazy hours! As of August 24th, I will have both girls off to school by 9:00 a.m.
As the bus pulls away, I will refill my coffee and head up to my office where the house will be quiet, there will be no child care bills coming my way, and I can crank out my work in 6 hours before they return!
Ahhh...visions of the bus driver.