2477 W. Washington
Springfield, IL 62702
St. John’s Lutheran Preschool was established in 1990 as a mission of St. John’s Lutheran Church. Our program is based upon our belief that a child has the right to a Christian environment that will enhance and encourage growth in all parts of a child’s development process, including the moral, spiritual, emotional, intellectual and physical aspects of each child. Our teachers work with each child’s individual learning and developmental needs to foster their growth.
We provide a curriculum aimed at preparing the child for kindergarten through a program covering the following areas:
Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Physical Development and Health, Fine Arts, Foreign Language, Social/Emotional Development, Spirituality.
Our DCFS-licensed program is enhanced with features such as:
- Handwriting Without Tears curriculum
- Thematic units based on the Illinois Early Learning Standards
- Assessments and parent-teacher conferences
- Brigance Early Childhood Screening
- Outdoor playground/full size gym
- Security system for children’s safety
- Extended day care available before and after school
- Chapel time
- Christmas program
- Family nights and activities
Toddlers (ages 18 months – 2 ½ years): Parent/child class on Friday mornings
2 – 2 1/2-year-olds: Monday/Wednesday a.m.; Tuesday/Thursday a.m.; Tuesday/Thursday p.m.
3-year-olds: Monday/Wednesday a.m. or p.m.; Tuesday/Thursday a.m. or p.m.; Monday/Wednesday/Friday a.m. or p.m.; Tuesday/Thursday/Friday a.m.; Monday-Friday a.m. or p.m.
4-year-olds: Monday/Wednesday/Friday a.m. or p.m.; Tuesday/Thursday/Friday a.m.; Monday-Friday a.m. or p.m.