Thanks to SpringfieldMoms reader Lisa Whelpley for submitting this article from www.marthastewart.com.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp. chopped, canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 hard corn taco shells*
- Cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream for serving (optional)
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
*Lisa uses chicken breasts, the entire can of chipotle peppers in adobo, and soft tortillas instead of hard taco shells.