But, we can agree that one of the best things you can do with your spouse or significant other is steal away a little alone time without kids!
Whether it be a dinner and a movie or just dinner, there are some great spots in Springfield to have a nice meal, drink and enjoy the opportunity to gaze longingly into your honey’s eyes.
We asked our readers for their favorite hot spots. Let us know what else you recommend!
- Bella Milano – this Italian restaurant is located at 4525 West Wabash. Upscale, yet with a casual feel, while giving a great experience to those having a romantic date night. The Milano Salad is one of their specialties, with prosciutto and a blend of delicious cheeses. Be sure to save room for dessert! www.bellamilanos.com
- Indigo – this restaurant is located at 3010 Lindbergh Blvd and was voted “Best Romantic Restaurant 2009″ through the SJ-R Reader’s Choice Awards. www.indigocuisine.com
- Cooper’s Hawk– Combines an upscale casual restaurant, a working winery, and tasting room with specialty food and gift items.
- Osaka – this Japanese restaurant is located at 1665 Wabash Avenue, in the location previously occupied by Cohen’s Furniture. The decor at Osaka feels upscale, but the environment is very friendly and laid-back. When you first enter, you’ll be asked if you’d like to sit on the “hibachi” side or at a regular table. If you choose the hibachi side, you’ll be treated to an entertaining show by the chef who will cook your food at your table – be prepared, because the portions are quite large! If you choose to sit at a regular table, the menu includes sushi, Japanese dishes, as well as some Thai. Be sure to try a cocktail! www.osakaspringfield.com
- Saputo’s – this Italian restaurant is located at 801 East Monroe in the downtown area. Open since 1948 and the winner of multiple “best of” awards over the years. The menu features many family recipes from Southern Italy. www.saputos.com
- Crowne Plaza – this hotel is located at 3000 S. Dirksen Parkway. This hotel is home to the Rosewood Dining Room, which is a casual restaurant with an upscale feel. After dinner, head on over to the Mahogany Room for a cocktail. Thanks to SpringfieldMoms reader Dawn D. for the recommendation! www.cpspringfield.crowneplaza.com
- Incredibly Delicious – this restaurant is located at 925 S. 7th Street, just north of Springfield Clinic’s main campus. The menu here features such items as quiches, sandwiches and salads. Save room for dessert! This restaurant has a very extensive selection of gourmet desserts. Thanks to SpringfieldMoms reader Torun T. for the recommendation! www.incrediblydelicious.com
Other Hot Spots
- Lincoln Memorial Gardens – Thanks to SpringfieldMoms reader Elizabeth B. for the recommendation! She says “Nothing beats walking together through Lincoln Memorial Gardens (any time of year, really).”
- We created a list of recommended Out of the Way Restaurants in the greater Springfield Area as well.
- Post below or email us your favorite spots!
Ideas compiled by Springfield Moms staff writer Kari Thevenot. She is the owner of Your Left Hand Virtual Assistant and Training.