Thank you to Andrea Morris for sharing her own personal recipe!
- 1 large potato, sliced thin with skin on
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c shredded cheese (Gruyere, cheddar, Monterey Jack)
- Place sliced potatoes in a covered dish with a little water, cook in microwave for about 6 minutes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- While potato cooks, heat olive oil in large, ovenproof skillet until shimmery.
- Add onion and saute for around 4 minutes on medium low heat.
- Season with salt, paprika and garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Drain potatoes and add to skillet, stirring to coat with oil (it’s fine if they break up), onion and spice mixture, and then spreading them around in an even layer.
- Pour eggs over the entire mixture, reduce heat to low, and gently stir until eggs are still slightly damp, but mostly set.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, run a rubber spatula around the edge of the fritatta and turn it out onto a platter