Thank you to Christina Race for submitting this recipe from the American Heart Association.
For more heart-healthy recipes, go to www.americanheart.org/deliciousdecisions.
- Cooking spray
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 med. scallions, green and white parts chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon grass (buy 1 stalk, discard tough outer portion and coarsely chop interior)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce1 tsp. lime zest, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 3-1/2 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti, kept hot (recommendation: Ronzoni Smart Taste)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, fresh and coarsely chopped
Coat skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Add chicken and cook for five minutes until golden brown on all sides. Add scallions, lemongrass, and garlic and stir fry for two minutes. Add broth, soy sauce, zest, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about five minutes. Add cooked spaghetti and cook one minute longer to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Yields about four 1-1/4 cup servings.