Keep Track of Button Batteries: Hazard to Little Ones

Thanks to Springfield Moms reader Barb Schwartz for tipping us off to this particular issue — one I hadn't thought of before.  Injuries and deaths are on the increase from these small, coin-sized batteries that can be found in thousands of products in nearly every home in America.

Flashlights, TV remote controls, keyless entry remotes for the car, and musical greeting cards are just a few of the products in which these tiny batteries can be found.

A child can swallow a button battery and suffer dangerous chemical burns in as little as two hours.  Do not leave products with accessible button batteries within reach of children. Incidents most often involve children younger than four years old.

For more information about the potential dangers of button batteries, click here.

Raise awareness: Poster here.

 

Share Button

Leave a Comment