The parks at Lake Springfield are operated and maintained by CWLP.
- Dividing Dam on East Lake Drive – there is parking here as well as a dock
- East Madonia and West Madonia Parks on East Lake Drive – there is a fishing pier connecting the two parks, and this location is also handicap accessible
- Lake Park, located on East Lake Drive
- Bridgeview Park in Chatham
- West Cottonhill Park – located near Exit 88 off of I-55
Fishing is also permitted from any public area of the lake’s shoreline, so long as fish is not caught within 100 feet of any leased properties.
Individuals who are 16 years and older must have a fishing license to legally remove fish, frogs or turtles from Lake Springfield. Fishing licenses can be purchased from many gas stations in the area.
Other fishing spots in Central Illinois:
- Carpenter Park – located on Peoria Road/Business 55 on the north side of Springfield, near the Sangamon River
- Dreamland Park – located on Taylor Avenue, across the street from Southeast High School, features a large fishing dock
- Riverside Park – located on Peoria Road/Business 55 on the north side of Springfield, near the Sangamon River
- Sangchris Lake State Park – located about 15 miles outside Rochester
- Rochester Community Park – located on Main Street in Rochester, just west of Rochester Elementary School