It's our favorite time of year! Please be sure to check the website of each patch, corn maze and orchard to confirm times and open dates as they can change! Want to advertise yours on our What's Happening Calendar?
Contact Us for rates.
- Abe's Corn Maze at iWorship Center in Springfield, 3200 Shaler Road in Springfield, just off I-55 at exit 100B. Weekends starting late September. Saturdays 10 am – dusk; Sundays noon to dusk. Check out their full schedule here. Special event weekends - details here.
- Bomke's Patch Open Friday-Sundays 10 am – 5 pm Fridays and Saturdays; 11 am – 5 pm Sundays. Experience old-fashioned farm life at this pumpkin patch. 50 varieties of pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes. Children's area, petting zoo, corn and bean mazes, Located on the western edge of Springfield at 605 Country Lake, off of Farmingdale Road. Ride a wagon and pick your own pumpkin. www.bomkespatch.com
- Kristin's Pumpkin Patch (Springfield, IL). Located off of Old Toronto Road in the North Lake Shore Subdivision. http://www.kristinspumpkinpatch.com Phone 899-8099.
- Apple Barn (Chatham, IL). Located in Chatham, this establishment has apples, pumpkins, baked goodies, apple cider and much more! See website for calendar of available products. www.applebarn.net
- Auburn's A-MAZE-ing Corn Maze. Weekends starting September 7 and going through October 14 (Columbus Day). Take the short drive south of Springfield! Hours are 11-6 Saturdays and noon- 6 Sundays, and 10-2 on Columbus Day. $5 per person (children 5 and under are free). At Auburn United Methodist Church, 14100 IL Route 4, Auburn. http://www.auburn-umc.org/corn_festival.html
- Indian Creek Homestead Pumpkin patch, barnyard animals to pet and see, corn maze, food of all kinds. 19468 Curtis Blacktop Road, Petersburg. indiancreekfarmstead.com
- Big M Pumpkin Patch – The Repscher Family Farm – Open Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 28 – Oct. 27. 10 am – 6 pm. Pick your own pumpkins (sizes from 3 inches to 100 pounds). Also ornamental corn, corn stalks, straw bales and gourds. $3 admission. Includes hayrack rides and mazes. Children ags 3 and under are free. 824-6625. Directions: from Taylorville, take Route 48 south to Clarksdale. Turn right (north) on County Road 900. Go 1 1/4 miles then turn right (east), go 1/2 mile to 928 E. 1090 N Road, Taylorville.
- Indian Knoll (Mechanicsburg, IL). This patch has over 20 different varieties of pumpkins, specialty pumpkins and gourds. Also available are locally grown mums and ornamental corn. 2013 open September 21-22, 28-29 October 5-6, 12-13, 19-20 2013. Saturdays 10-5 p.m., Sundays 12-5 p.m. Or by appointment. Located about a half hour east of Springfield, off of I-72. www.indianknollcattle.net/pumpkin
- Black Bart's Pumpkin Patch (Warrensburg, IL). Black Bart's offers you-pick pumpkins, already-picked pumpkins, wood maze, corn maze, gift shop, petting zoo area and haunted house. No pets please. Located at 9381 W. Wise Road, which is about a 1 hour drive from Springfield (northwest of Decatur). blackbartspumpkinpatch.com
- Broom Orchard (Carlinville, IL). Home to yearly apple and pumpkin festivals, this orchard has a farm market as well as the option to pick-your-own. Be sure to call ahead, "Like" them on facebook, or check the website for exact dates. Located about 1 hour south of Springfield just outside Carlinville. While you're in the area, why not drive down the road to Beaver Dam State Park? Click HERE for a day trip idea. www.broomorchard.com
- Green Shadows Farm (Mt. Zion, IL). Pumpkin patch tours, maze, fall decorations. Located south of Mt. Zion (east side of Decatur) at 908 State Route 121 East. Call first to confirm. Phone 217-864-3223.
- Rader Family Farms (Normal, IL). Opening weekend is September 7-8. Take a walk through Rader Farm's redesigned corn maze. Lots of fun activities for all ages, enough to make a full day of it! Season's passes and coupons available. Check their website for a complete list of activities and associated admission fees. http://www.raderfamilyfarms.com/
- Gail's Pumpkin Patch Open September 1 – October 31. This farm offers pumpkins, mums, straw bales, jams, jellies, ornamental gourds/corn, local honey and more. New this year: Antique tractor fun! Located about 1 hour northeast of Springfield (east of Lincoln). Phone 217-447-3409. gailspumpkinpatch.com
- Curtis Orchard (Champaign, IL). Enjoy picking your own apples, corn maze, kettle corn and more. Pick your own pumpkins Sept. 20 through October. This orchard also has many activities for kids, a bakery and cafe. Located about 1.5 hours northeast of Springfield. Phone 217-359-5565 www.curtisorchard.com
- Great Pumpkin Patch (Arthur, IL). 2013 marks the 25th anniversary of this pumpkin patch. Open September 15 through October 31. Admission is charged. Located on 200 acres, this patch has 300 varieties of pumpkins, squash and gourds from over 30 countries around the world; all grown there on the farm. There are several places to eat and drink on the farm and lots of entertainment on the weekends. Click HERE for ideas. Phone 217-543-2394 www.the200acres.com.
- Buxton's Garden Farm Corn Maize (Sullivan, IL). Challenging, confusing, and a whole lot of fun! It will be open during the day, any day throughout the week, and in the evening on the weekends. The daytime maize will be friendly and fun, while the nighttime maize will be haunted and scary. There is a smaller maze for those with little ones. Opens the first weekend in October and closes on October 31st. This maze is open daily during October, and there will be weekend nighttime “spooky” corn maze. Festival setting during these weekends as well, with food vendors and activities. http://www.buxtonsgarden.com/events.php
- Fall Corn Maze at Hardy's Reindeer Ranch (Rantoul, IL). This corn maze covers a full 10 acres and is designed like a large treasure hunt with 8 checkpoints. 2013's theme is Easy Rider. Feel the wind in your hair and the corn in your face while enjoying this mini chopper. Tickets are purchased in the gift shop. Your mission is to locate all 8 hole punches and then find your way out. Typically it will take from 1 to 3 hours. The corn maze can also be done at night with flashlights… Moonlight Madness. Call for hours and good luck! Hardy's is also having a raffle for a 2008 Kikker 50cc Chopper. Take a chance for only $1 a ticket. Other attractions include paintball, pumpkin cannon, pedal race cars, hayrides, reindeer tours, and concessions on weekends. Rantoul is located about 2 hours from Springfield, northeast of Champaign. reindeerranch.com/maze
- Tanners Orchard (Speer, IL). Tanners Orchard has become a family destination with their own apple bin bakery, which serves noon lunches and baked goods, a large farm market, wagon rides to the orchard for pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, and a children's playground with farm animals. Open 8 am to 8 pm daily September-October. Their corn maze is open 10 am to 10 pm Saturdays and 10 am to 5 pm Sunday-Friday. Located about 2 hours north of Springfield (north of Peoria). Phone 309-493-5442. www.tannersorchard.com
- The Great Godfrey Maze (Godfrey, IL). Open now through October 27. The Great Godfrey Maze consists of two paths cut into seven acres of corn for you to get lost on. Located in Glazebrook Park in scenic Godfrey, the Great Godfrey Maze is open on the weekends in the fall for general admission Located near Alton, this 7-acre maze is located about two hours southwest of Springfield.
- Eckert's (Grafton, Belleville and Millstadt, IL). The Belleville location is by far the largest, with a restaurant, store, ice cream shop, garden center, children's attractions/rides, as well as rides to the orchard to pick apples or pumpkins. During the peak fall times, live entertainment and concession stands are available. The static areas (restaurant/store) are open all year round. Belleville location is about a 2 hour drive south of Springfield. If you're in the area, why not stop in St. Louis? eckerts.com
Don't miss our other resources also available from our A-Z index under Fall Family Guide.