Contact us to advertise yours!
Featured Pumpkin Patch:
Pumpkin Creek Farms (Sherman, IL)
This fun patch offers so much fun! From a petting zoo to a corn maze, you can spend a full day at this Patch located in Sherman, IL. Join us for rubber duck races, crazy corn bin, a barrel train ride, pony swings, or climb Haystack Mountain. Enjoy a walk through our three-acre maze and test you wits with our trivia game. Opening Day is September 10th 2016!!!! Come enjoy the fall season with us! We are open Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm. We will also be open on Columbus Day this year! http://www.pumpkincreekfarms.org/ 7392 Barclay Rd Sherman, Il 62684
This patch has over 60 different varieties of pumpkins, specialty pumpkins, gourds and squash. Bittersweet, locally grown mums, artisan crafts. Delicious, handmade food including Elephant Ears, Caramel Apple Bowls, Cider Slushies, hand-dipped Corn Dogs. Opening Sept 17th- Oct. 23. Saturdays 10 am- 5 pm., Sundays Noon-5 pm, or by appointment. Open Columbus Day 10 am-5 pm. No admission fee. Free indoor activities include play area with corn box and several farm animals plus free wagon ride through patch. Outdoor barnyard obstacles, barrel tractor train, and game area. Face painting, pumpkin painting. Cash or checks, pleases. Located about 20 Miles SE of Springfield, 2850 N 1000 E Rd, Mechanicsburg, or 10 miles E of Rochester. indianknollpumpkins
- Apple Barn (Chatham, IL). Located in Chatham, this establishment has apples, pumpkins, baked goodies, apple cider and much more! See website for calendar of available products. www.applebarn.net
- Auburn United Methodist Church A-Maze-ing Corn Maze (Auburn, IL). September 17-October 9, Saturdays 11-6 and Sundays noon-6. $5/person (free for ages 5 and under). auburn-umc.org
- Black Bart’s Pumpkin Patch (Warrensburg, IL). Opening Sept 17th Black Bart’s offers you-pick pumpkins, already-picked pumpkins, wood maze, corn maze, gift shop, pirate ship play area, petting zoo area and haunted house. No pets please. Located at 9381 W. Wise Road, which is about a 1 hour drive from Springfield (northwest of Decatur). blackbartspumpkinpatch.com
- Bomke’s Patch Opens Sept. 23rd Friday-Saturdays 10 am – 5 pm Sundays 11am-5pm Experience old-fashioned farm life at this pumpkin patch. 50 varieties of pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes. Children’s area, petting zoo, corn and bean mazes. We have a Rockin’ Night Maze and Haunted Corn Tour Located on the western edge of Springfield at 605 Country Lake, off of Farmingdale Road. Ride a wagon and pick your own pumpkin. www.bomkespatch.com
- Broom Orchard (Carlinville, IL). Home to yearly apple and pumpkin festivals, this orchard has a farm market as well as the option to pick-your-own. Be sure to call ahead, “Like” them on facebook, or check the website for exact dates. Located about 1 hour south of Springfield just outside Carlinville. www.broomorchard.com
- Rader Family Farms (Normal, IL). Opening weekend is September 10th. Take a walk through Rader Farm’s redesigned corn maze. Lots of fun activities for all ages, enough to make a full day of it! Season passes and coupons available. Check their website for a complete list of activities and associated admission fees. http://www.raderfamilyfarms.com/
- Gail’s Pumpkin Patch Open September 1 – October 31. This farm offers pumpkins, mums, straw bales, jams, jellies, ornamental gourds/corn, local honey and more. Antique tractor fun! Located about 1 hour northeast of Springfield (east of Lincoln). Phone 217-447-3409. gailspumpkinpatch.com
- Curtis Orchard (Champaign, IL). Enjoy picking your own apples, corn maze, kettle corn and more. This orchard also has many activities for kids, a bakery and cafe. Located about 1.5 hours northeast of Springfield. Phone 217-359-5565 www.curtisorchard.com
- Kristin’s Pumpkin Patch 6300 Wind Tree Rd, Springfield IL. Open 10am-6PM Friday-Sunday. Most pumpkins and gourds are .50 a pound.
- Great Pumpkin Patch (Arthur, IL). Open September 10th through October 31. Admission is charged. Located on 200 acres, this patch has 300 varieties of pumpkins, squash and gourds from over 30 countries around the world; all grown there on the farm. There are several places to eat and drink on the farm and lots of entertainment on the weekends. Phone 217-543-2394 www.the200acres.com.
- Buxton’s Garden Farm Corn Maize (Sullivan, IL). Challenging, confusing, and a whole lot of fun! It will be open during the day, any day throughout the week, and in the evening on the weekends. The daytime maize will be friendly and fun, while the nighttime maize will be haunted and scary. There is a smaller maze for those with little ones. Opens the first weekend in October and closes on October 31st. This maze is open daily during October, and there will be weekend nighttime “spooky” corn maze. Festival setting during these weekends as well, with food vendors and activities. http://www.buxtonsgarden.com/events.php
- Tanners Orchard (Speer, IL). Tanners Orchard has become a family destination with their own apple bin bakery, which serves noon lunches and baked goods, a large farm market, wagon rides to the orchard for pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, and a children’s playground with farm animals. Open 8 am to 8 pm daily September-October. Their corn maze is open 10 am to 10 pm Saturdays and 10 am to 5 pm Sunday-Friday. Located about 2 hours north of Springfield (north of Peoria). Phone 309-493-5442. www.tannersorchard.com
- The Great Godfrey Maze (Godfrey, IL). Open Sept 2 through October 27. The Great Godfrey Maze consists of two paths cut into seven acres of corn for you to get lost on. Located in Glazebrook Park in scenic Godfrey, the Great Godfrey Maze is open on the weekends in the fall for general admission Located near Alton, this 7-acre maze is located about two hours southwest of Springfield.
- Eckert’s (Grafton, Belleville and Millstadt, IL). The Belleville location is by far the largest, with a restaurant, store, ice cream shop, garden center, children’s attractions/rides, as well as rides to the orchard to pick apples or pumpkins. During the peak fall times, live entertainment and concession stands are available. The static areas (restaurant/store) are open all year round. Belleville location is about a 2 hour drive south of Springfield. eckerts.com
Don’t miss our other resources also available from our A-Z index under Fall Family Guide.
Don’t miss our updated All Things Spooky Guide too!