Please check back frequently, as we will continually add new information as it becomes available. Please note that the list below is sorted geographically, not by date.
Featured Trick or Treating:
- Trick or Treat Street (Springfield, IL) - Southwind Park in Springfield, IL will play host again to Trick or Treat Street on Sunday October 27 from 3 pm to 5 pm. Trick or Treat Street is a free and safe trick or treating event for children twelve and under. Highlights of the evening include trick or treating with candy provided by Wal-Mart, inflatable bounce houses from House of Bouncers, a game zone sponsored by the Springfield Park Foundation and live entertainment including a demonstration from Millburg’s TaeKwonDo. There will also be a kids’ craft area and the first 500 children will receive a free treat bag with special surprises courtesy of Town and Country Bank. Food for purchase is available from Godfather’s Pizza, Del’s Popcorn and House of Bouncers concessions. For full event details, please visit the website at www.wnns.com/pages/tots.
- Trick of Treating at the Junior Blues (Springfield, IL) – Children at the Springfield Junior Blues game on October 25 are welcome to participate in the Kids' Costume Contest, as well as trick-or-treating the players after the game. More information here.
Other Trick or Treating:
- Springfield: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Octobrer 31 – official times, per the mayor's office.
- Springfield: Trunk or Treat at Berean Baptist Church, 3401 S. Sixth Street. October 30 from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Auburn: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm on October 30 and 31 – only houses with their porch/yard lights on.
- Chatham: 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm on October 31.
- Elkhart 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm on October 31.
- Petersburg: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm on October 31.
- Pleasant Plains 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm on October 31.
- Rochester: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm on October 31.
- Springfield – Lincoln Home National Historic Site Trick or Treating: Oct. 25, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM. The Lincoln Home NHS Employee Association hosts this free event for children 12 & under. Candy, children's programs, games and more. Canned food items will be collected for families in need. 391-3221.
- Springfield – Zoolie Ghoulie: October 19-20 and 26-27 from 2-6 pm at Henson Robinson Zoo, 1100 E. Lake Shore Drive. Safe trick-or-treating inside the zoo gates. Collect candy from stations set up around the zoo. Costume contest each night at 5:00 p.m. $3/trick-or-treater, $2/non-trick-or-treater Proceeds benefit the Springfield Zoological Society.
- Jacksonville: Trick-or-Treating at downtown businesses on October 26 from 4-6 pm.
- South Jacksonville - Safe Trick-or-Treating at Prairie Land Heritage Museum on October 24 from 5-8 pm.
- Taylorville: Trunk or Treat at Taylorville Marina; chili served. October 19 from 4-6 pm.