Thank you to Christina Race for submitting this yummy recipe! Christina says, “This makes a perfect school day breakfast (or after school snack) and can easily be reheated by school-age children and eaten on the go! My kids are addicted to these! To quote my son, Evan, ‘it’s all of my favorite breakfast foods in a basket!'”
- 32-ounce bag of frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1/2-cup plus 1 tsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of cooked bacon (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup of melted butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Push hash brown mixture into a thin layer on the bottom and sides of the greased muffin pan.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until browned.
- Once browned, beat the eggs with one teaspoon of butter and splash of milk in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into the “baskets” and return to the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
- Return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Cool the “egg baskets” and then carefully remove by running a butter knife around the edges.
- If not eaten right away, place cooled egg baskets in a storage container.
- To reheat: place on a microwave safe plate, cover with a paper towel, and cook for 45 seconds.
Submitted by Springfield Moms Advisory Board member Christina Race.