Thanks to SpringfieldMoms reader Lisa Whelpley for submitting this article from www.foodnetwork.com.
- 3 pounds small red or white skinned potatoes (or a mixture)
- 1/4 c good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves) (minced garlic from a jar is fine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (I skipped that)
Preheat oven to 400.
Cut potatoes in half or quarters and place in bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated. Dump the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into one layer. Roast in oven at least one hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip at least twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with minced parsley, season to taste and serve.