The Old Capitol Farmers’ Market presented by St. John’s Hospital will host the annual Halloween at the Market, Saturday, October 27, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This festive event wraps up the 2012 market season. The Market is located in downtown Springfield, on Adams Street, between 5th and 2nd Streets.
Creativity rules for the Costume Contest! Don't miss this fun family tradition.Dr. Prasanta Bhamidipati from HSHS Medical Group Pediatrics, Bob Murray from WTAX Newsradio 1240AM, Lisa Ellis from Illinois National Bank and Dave Daniels from Children's Miracle Network/St. John's Children's Hospital will judge the costume contest.
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at the corner of 4th and Adams in downtown Springfield. Judging begins at 11:00. Prizes for top winners in three age categories courtesy of HSHS.
Representatives from market sponsors St. John’s Hospital, Capitol Radio Group, www.SpringfieldMoms.org, Illinois Humane, Illinois National Bank, Maldaner’s Restaurant, The Illinois Times, State Journal Register, WSEC, LINK Up Illinois, US Bank, Town & Country Bank, Illini Bank, The Development Group, and the City of Springfield, have combined efforts to create free, fun-filled healthy activities for the whole family, including a kid’s costume contest, a canine costume contest, live entertainment, guest appearances by CJ The Kangaroo and Scooby Doo, Bingo Trick or Treat, and a chef demonstration.
- Children ages 0-12 can register at the SpringfieldMoms.org booth beginning at 9:30 a.m.; contest judging for children begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Canine contestants can register at the Illinois Humane booth beginning at 10:00 a.m. with the canine costume contest beginning at 12 noon. Prizes for the Canine Contest include gifts from Incredibly Delicious dog treats, Nature Select pet foods, Miggy Lane Gourmet Dog Bakery, Comfy Critters Pet Sitter, Pawsitively Delicious dog treats, Healing Hands Pet Massage, Dal Acres Grooming, Dog Class behavior training, You Go Pet Sitting and Illinois Humane.
Children can pick up a Bingo card from farmer vendors and “trick or treat” for stickers. Once the entire sheet is filled in, make sure to drop it off at the St. John’s booth located on the NW corner of 4th & Adams for prizes and give-a-ways.
- Illinois National Bank will host “Scooby Doo” from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.;
- Springfield Youth Performance Group, 10:00 – 10:45 a.m.
- Chef Michael Higgins of Maldaner’s Restaurant will conduct a Kid-Friendly Cooking Demonstration using fresh market produce, also at 10 a.m.
- The Central Illinois Community Blood Center will conduct a Mobile Blood Drive at the Market from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Free bags and t-shirts will be given to all donors. To sign up in advance call Jessica Becker, Donor Relations Consultant, at 217-241-7534. Walk-ins also welcome!
Can't wait to see you at the Market!Pin It