Representatives from St. John’s Hospital, Capitol Radio Group, SpringfieldMoms.org, Illinois Humane, Illinois National Bank, Girl Scouts of Central Illinois, Children’s Miracle Network, and Illinois Stewardship Alliance, have combined efforts to create free, fun-filled activities for the whole family, including children and dog costume contests, entertainment, hands-on art projects, activities, a guest appearance by “Blue’s Clues”, a chef demonstration and a new “Pumpkin Pics” photo booth.
- Hands-on activities from 9 am to noon, sponsored by the Illinois Stewardship Alliance, Girl Scouts of Central Illinois, and Children’s Miracle Network
- “Pumpkin Pics” photo area for families to take their own pictures
- Illinois National Bank will host a “Blue’s Clues” character from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Children are invited to “parade” through the Market at 10:45 a.m.; led by Children’s Miracle Network.
- Kid-Friendly Cooking Demonstration by Chef Michael Higgins of Maldaner’s at 10 a.m.
- Canine Costume contest at noon: Canine contestants can register at the Illinois Humane booth near 5th & Adams Streets, beginning at 10:00 a.m. with the canine costume contest at 12 noon. Prizes include gifts from Incredibly Delicious, Nature Select Pet Foods, Miggy Lane Gourmet Dog Bakery, Comfy Critters Pet Sitter, Dal Acres Boarding and Grooming, Dog Class Behavior Training, The Cardologist, Healing Hands Pet Massage and Pet Sitting Services, You Go Pet Sitting, and Illinois Humane. Dave Daniels, WDBR will serve as Master of Ceremony, with U.S. District Court Judge Sue Myerscough, Attorney John Mehlick, and Sangamon County Circuit Court Judge John Schmidt will serving as contest judges.
- The Central Illinois Blood Center will host a mobile blood drive from 8am to 12:30 p.m. The Bloodmobile will be located at the Southeast corner of 4th & Adams Streets. Free Shopping Bags & T-shirts for Donors! Please contact the Community Blood Center to sign up at 241-7550. Walk-ins welcome!
- The Old Capitol Farmers’ Market is coordinated by Downtown Springfield, Inc.
- 9th Annual Costume Constest for Kids: Children ages 0-12 can register at the SpringfieldMoms.org booth located in the parking lot at the Southeast corner of 4th & Adams Streets beginning at 9:30 a.m.; children’s contest begins at 11:00 a.m. Kim Leistner of Springfieldmoms.org will emcee the contest and announce winners in three age categories and award prizes compliments of SpringfieldMoms.org. This is too fun to miss!
2013 Kids' Costume judges will be:
- Bob Murray: WTAX News Radio 1240AM
- Dave Newton, Children’s Miracle Network/St. John's Children's Hospital
- Wendy Henton, Illinois National Bank
This festive event wraps up the 2013 market season.
Can't wait to see you at the Market!
For more information, contact Ann Frescura, 217.544.1723, www.downtownspringfield.org or www.springfieldmoms.org.